Bucket List (vb) : A list of activities, attractions or experiences that a person would like to complete before they kick the bucket.
Now I realise Perth isn’t exactly known for it raging social calendar and world class attractions, however I really do believe that Perth has such a dynamic range of activities and experiences to offer everyone – sometimes you just have to look a little harder though. With that in mind here in my Ultimate Bucket List of things to do in Perth or within a day’s trip….
1. Moonlighting at the outdoor cinema during summer at Kings Park.
2. Enjoy the magnificent architecture at St Mary’s Cathedral.
3. Catch a play or ballet at the stunning His Majesty Theatre.
4. Enjoy great coffee in Tiger Tiger’s courtyard.
5. Wander through the funky stores and groovy bars along Shafto Lane.
6. Max out the credit cards on King street.
7. Watch an Eagles or Dockers AFL game at Subiaco during the footy season.
8. Eat and Drink yourself silly on Beaufort Street.
9. Zig Zag your way down the Zig Zag in Kalamunda.
10. Eat the best Indian in town at Chutney Mary’s Subiaco.
11. If your into your tennis, you can’t miss the Hopman Cup in January at Burswood Dome.
12. Visit PICA for some inspiring and creative contemporary artwork.
13. Check if your boots were made for walking on a Two Feet and Heartbeat Walking Tour.
14. Learn and get involved in local Noongar traditions at the Indigenous Heritage Tour King Park.
15. Party hard at one of the many clubs in Northbridge.
16. Find out who Megamouth is at the Western Australian History Museum.
17. A must for crazy people – run yourself silly up Jacob’s Ladder, Kings Park.
18. Spin, Swing, Bump, Rock, Shop and Eat yourself silly at the Perth Royal Show in September.
19. Check out the classics at the Perth Art Gallery.
20. Play with Trish the elephant at the Perth Zoo.
21. Blow up stuff at SciTech.
22. Get you frocks on Ladies for the Perth Cup – the most enjoyable racing day of the year.
23. Ramble through the city malls on Hay and Murray streets.
24. Enjoy a picnic at Kings Park.
25. Remember what it was like to a be a kid at Adventure World.
26. Sniff yourself silly at the Perth wildflower festival, Kings Park.
28. Go gaga over Quokkas on Rottnest Island.
29. Check out this awesome market dedicated to local handmade designs, Perth Upmarket.
30. Check out the largest Pelican colony in Perth as well as our other fury friends at Penguin Island (Please take the ferry).
31. See one of the many performances at the Perth International Festival of the Arts.
32. Eat the best Indonesian in Perth at Sparrows Restaurant, Northbridge.
33. Go antiquing in the historic town of Guildford.
34. Try some of the best wines in the world in the Swan Valley. Particular highlights include Houghton’s and Sandlford.
35. Snorkel the underwater trail at Little Island off Hillarys.
36. Check out the canvas exhibits at Holmes Court Gallery.
37. Swim with sharks at AQWA.
38. Enjoy a great coffee at the Fremantle Arts Centre before critiquing seasonal exhibits.
39. Not for the claustrophobic, however kayaking underneath Fremantle through the old colonial tunnels is a once in a lifetime experience.
41. Get involved in the Blessing of the Fleet festival.
42.Take a trip in the horrors of the Fremantle Prison or get married here…
43. Try to sit in a corner in the Round house, Fremantle.
44. Find some rum and put on your favourite eye patch for the Maritime Museum.
45. Treat yourself to some local produce and souvenirs at the Fremantle Markets.
46. Get all hot under your collar at the Fremantle Chilli Festival.
47. An Western Australian institute, Simmo’s Ice cream will leave you wanting.
48. Enjoy spoonfuls of FREE chocolate buttons before purchasing all the truffles you could eat at Margaret River Chocolate Factory.
49. Could one tempt you in a tasty cheese at Margaret River Cheese Factory?
50. Drive around the Pinnacles whilst playing “born to be wild”!
51. Enjoy a drive out to New Norcia before breaking the bread at the beautifully built historic monastery.
52. Visit the historic town of York and chase haunted ghosts while visiting the superb selection of colonial buildings in the area. Penny-farthing Lolly Shop is the best.
53. Recommended by our readers and Niki and I totally agree – “The Perth Mint tour is a MUST see!”
54. Another reader recommendation and one of Niki’s favorites too, The Perth Fashion Festival is a great place to celebrity spot and check out the best looks for next season.
Has anyone got anymore suggestions, drop me a comment below?